Thursday, July 11, 2013

Notice from Jim Jacobs about solar hot-water systems

As you might know, I was going to start a business importing and selling solar hot-water heaters. For a variety of reasons that didn't happen. Now I'm selling the few remaining solar water heaters at my cost which is about $600 for this type:

These are evacuated tube, thermosiphon type heaters. Mostly, they're 40-gallon tanks, but I do have one 50-gallon tank which is a little more expensive. They're designed to last 15 years outside, though they come "as is" without any warranty. We have three which have been up for three years now and have all been trouble-free except for a broken tube which was easily replaced without having to drain the system or even turn the water pressure off.

Although all are of the ground-mount, tank-on-top type, I have one or two color combinations besides the green with white. 

There's brown/white, blue/gray (similar to Ford tractor blue),
light blue/white and 
black/gray.

In addition, I have some pump stations and thermal controllers which vary in cost from $100 to $200 or so, should anyone want to use these solar collectors in an active, rather than passive, mode.


I'd like to give club members first shot at these new solar collectors before I place an ad on Craigslist. They really are very good quality, and the price will be hard to beat. Once they're gone, I don't intend to order any more.

If anyone is interested, they can contact me at:


jjacobs@suntern.com 


Thanks,

Jim Jacobs

No comments: